Sales strategies are an important part of an online store and custom forms are a very good example of sales strategies. Custom forms are renowned popular tools on the e-commerce sites. We come across custom forms in different ways on different sites. In general, custom forms can take different forms on different sites. For example, it can take the format of the contact form, like quizzes, pop-ups, feedback templates and so on. One of the most popular formats of custom form is a pop-up which is activated by a button. When this button is pushed, a custom form is activated for use by the customer.
Buyers and customers are quite familiar with this form of communication with the vendor. By employing the aid of pop-ups, website owners are able to obtain information on the needs of visitors and their shopping experience. Then they can grant some discount coupons or for the announcement of future events. In a word, the most important role of pop-ups is collecting customer e-mails. The e-mails collected by custom forms are necessary because they provide a means by which the vendor is able to get back to the customers and provide them with answers to their questions or more information about their store's further events.
A lot of us can relate to a situation in which a pop-up interrupts our shopping process, which provides inconvenience and sad emotions. However, a small but important pop-up may seem attractive and entertaining to clients and customers. Sales strategy do not admit details underestimating. Making use of this pop-up appropriately and using it to ask the right questions may be like a catalyst for sales and not necessarily something that will drive the clients away. You will, however, need guidance on the addition of custom form and how to create custom form in Magento 2 with the proper features.
The post is designed to educate you on the easy steps to create custom form in Magento 2. We would, however, be making use of a pop-up form displaying a discount code as an example.
Discount proposals are one of the most direct ways to attract guests to your new Magento store. It is obvious that you would, however, wish to transform these guests into customers, which means you have to obtain their e-mail addresses. Make use of Multiple Custom Forms for Magento 2 to create custom pop-ups for your website.
These are the steps to do this:
- Install the Magento form extension. We make use Multiple custom Forms from Mageside.
- Navigate to the admin panel and in the left upper corner of the page, click on a “CONTENT” tab, then click “Manage Forms”.
- A Then “Manage Custom Forms” page will come up. On the left-hand side of the page click “Add New Form”.
- On the “New Form” page, complete all required fields: Form Name, Form Code, choose the name of the popup button. In the Submission Type field, select “DataBase”.
- If you want to make use of Google reCaptcha, in the field “reCaptcha” select “Always Enabled”. After this, type the name of the submission button. It is named as “APPLY”.
- In the right bottom corner of the page, click “Add Field” button. A table appears next, enter here the name of the field (this is the name the user will see). In this example, the title name is “First Name”. Next field is “Input type”, select here “Text Field”. After this click the “Save Field” button on the right side of the table. .
- Create another field named “Last Name” according to the steps 5 and 6.
- In the next step, you are to create one important field titled “e-mail”. In the “Input type” select “Text Field”, after this go to the “Validation” field and select “Email”.
Save your field.
- To place the popup in a special place of the page you are to create a Widget. Navigate to the upper left corner of the page, in the “CONTENT” tab click “Widgets”. After this, click on the “Add New Widget” on the right side of the page.
- In the “Settings” tab select “Type” ~> “Multiple Custom Forms”. In the “Design Theme” we chose “Magento Luma”, you are to select your store design. After this, click on the “Continue” button.
- Next is “Storefront Properties” field. Input here the Name of the Widget and select “Store View”. Here, in our example, we chose “All Store Views”.
- Add a new Layout. In this example, we placed our popup on each product in the footer of the page. To do this, click on “Add Layout Update” at the bottom of the page. After that, in the “Display on” field select “All pages” and on the “Container” field choose “Page Footer”.
- Finally, the last step involves Widget Options. On this tab you should select your already created form and input the name of the button, which is an important thing, to think about. In our example, we have created “GET A DISCOUNT”.
The button of our popup form would appear like this:
The Form would also appear like here:
And the success message would appear like this:
If you need more information or you have any questions how to create custom form in Magento, contact our team.