- The first marketing research was held in 1879 in the United States. An advertising agency, NY Ayer & Son, surveyed people who were agricultural officials at that time.
- The world's first marketing department started to work in 1911.
What is marketing research?
Marketing research is a set of actions aimed at collecting information. The main goal of which is to identify and define marketing opportunities and problems; generate, refine, and evaluate marketing actions; monitor marketing performance; and improve understanding of marketing as a process . The company can collect complete information about its customers and choose the best advertising channels for the target audience of goods/services using specific methods of qualitative research.
Methods of collecting information for marketing research could be based on questioning or observations. For example:
- Questioning method - focus groups, in-depth interviews, and surveys.
- Observation - it is product-use analysis and computer cookie traces, etc.
Every sized business could conduct marketing research to create an up-to-date marketing strategy, new tactics for business growth, and be aware of any changes and possibilities.
Do you doubt whether you need to perform your market research?
Above all, give answers to these few questions:
- Do you have a severe problem with the solution of which you need information about your consumers, market, and competitors?
- Do you need to evaluate the effectiveness of decisions that were already made?
- Does the company have a desire to increase the average sales chek?
- Do you feel like you need to optimize your advertising?
- Would you like to analyze the appropriateness of the costs of your business?
Now, do you understand why your business needs a thorough analysis? The answers to these questions should finally dispel your doubts.
About 100 years have passed since marketing research first appeared. But their essence has not changed. Because the main task will remain the same. It is collecting and analyzing information. But today, technology allows you to obtain the necessary information quickly, and at a minimal cost, we can get almost any news today. Of course, it's complicated to do a quality analysis on your own.
So Mageside has developed many modules that greatly simplify all these tasks. And also it allows you to start analyzing your business today.
Check out these modules:
Notice that these modules will give you more ability to: promote goods, seek out new sales channels for products, release a new product, improve current services (for instance: change packaging, pricing, name of the product, etc.). And also to reach a new target audience.
In conclusion: write to us. And we will consult you about the appropriate module to solve your business problem. We work to help your business become better! What could be more beautiful than self-improvement?
Know yourself to improve yourself. Auguste Comte