Why Magento 2 Extensions are a Necessity for Your eCommerce Business
Running an eCommerce business is never easy, but with the help of Magento 2 extensions, it can be much more painless. The core Magento platform is great for a lot of things, but it has its limitations. Magento extensions allow you to extend the functionality of your store and add features that are simply not available on the platform out of the box. There are many different types of extensions available, and they can be used for various purposes. No matter what kind of functionality you're looking for, there's almost certainly a Magento extension that can do it.
In this blog post, we will identify a function that is lacking on the Magento platform and explain how third-party modules can be used to fill this gap. We will also discuss some possible problems that can occur when using extensions, but we will also provide solutions to these problems. Finally, we will discuss the importance of extensions and describe the significant benefits they offer.
5 most lacking out-of-the-box Magento features that are necessary for any eCommerce website
- Product Options One of the most lacking features in Magento is the shortage of product options available. While Magento does allow some basic options for products, such as size and color, there are many other criteria that are not available. This can be a problem for stores that sell products that come with various characteristics, colors, styles, etc.
- Payment Methods Another functionality that may be lacking in Magento is limited payment methods to choose from. Magento only supports a few payment methods out of the box, such as credit cards and PayPal. This can be a problem for stores that want to offer their customers to have more payment options.
- Shipping Methods Magento also lacks support for many shipping methods. Magento supports basic shipping methods, such as flat rate and free shipping, but many other methods are unavailable. This could be a valid reason for people to leave the store without a purchase.
- Order Management Magento's order management system is also lacking in many ways. For example, Magento does not allow for orders to be canceled or edited after they have been placed. Additionally, Magento does not provide tools for creating a single-page checkout experience. As a result of a lack of such flexibility, the store may have a reputation of being non-user-friendly enough and lose some percentage of regular customers.
- Customer Service Finally, Magento's customer service tools are also not great. For example, Magento does not provide any live chats for client support. Additionally, the built-in ticketing system is very basic and does not offer much in the way of features or functionality. There are many different types of third-party customer support modules available, and they can be used to provide live chat support, email support, phone support, and more. By using such modules, businesses can ensure that their customers always have someone to turn to when they need help.
As you can see, there are many different types of functionality issues that businesses could face when using Magento. These problems can all be easily addressed with the help of ready-to-use extensions.
However, we need to mention the following:
3 problems that can occur when using Magento extensions and what are their solutions
- Conflicts with other extensions One of the most common problems that can occur when using Magento extensions is conflicts with other installed extensions. This can happen when two extensions try to use the same code or when one is incompatible with another. The best way to solve this problem is to contact the extension developer and ask for help. But the general rule would be to limit your Magento modules to 3 – 5 for a single website.
- Extensions not working as expected Another problem that may happen with Magento extensions is that they may not work as expected. This can be due to several factors, such as bugs in the extension code or incompatibility with the Magento version that you are using. The best way to avoid any issues with the new module is to find a trustworthy company from Magento Marketplace, read the module's compatibility characteristics, and check a review section beforehand. If you still encounter some issues, don’t ignore the support email, as they are specifically there for you.
- Extensions causing performance issues One more issue we need to point out is that they can cause performance issues. This is usually due to poorly written code or excessive use of resources. Once again, the best practice would be to find reliable developers with a good reputation on the market. They are interested in maintaining their appearance and will definitely have live human support for you.
So, what are the key benefits additional modules for Magento 2 offer?
The importance of third-party Magento extensions and the benefits they offer
- More Functionality. Obviously :) They offer more functionality than the default Magento installation has. This is because third-party developers are not limited by the same constraints as the Magento team and can therefore create extensions that add a wide variety of new features.
- More Affordable. Third-party Magento extensions can also be more affordable than hiring developers in order to add some simple features to the online store. This is because extension developers offer their extensions on a single purchase basis, meaning you only pay for the specific feature when needed.
- Better Support. Another benefit of Magento extensions is that they often come with better support. This is because extension developers typically have a smaller customer base and can therefore provide more personalized support. Additionally, many third-party developers offer paid support options, which can be beneficial if you need help with a complex issue.
Extensions can be highly beneficial because they allow businesses to tailor the Magento platform to their specific needs. There are modules available for numerous purposes, including accounting, marketing, shipping, and more. By using extensions, businesses can add the specific features they need to their Magento website in order to improve its user-friendliness. However, this can also be a bit daunting when you're trying to decide which ones to install on your store. With so many options available, it can be tough to know where to start.
If you are interested in adding extensions to your Magento website, then you should check out our extension store. We offer a wide selection of Magento Extensions that meet your needs. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you take your store to the next level. Thanks for reading!